Our guest is Calvin Reich at Capri Insurance Services! Calvin has positioned himself (and Capri) as a leader in Canada when it comes to insurance surrounding unmanned aircraft. He is active in many UAV groups online, and is currently a member on the board of Unmanned Systems Canada, where he stays up to date with the latest policies and helps to shape them. Calvin has assisted me with drone insurance in the past, and given his knowledge of commercial UAV operations as a whole, I would recommend him to others working with drones here in Canada.
Some of the topics covered in this podcast episode:
- What you need to know about UAV insurance in Canada
- Transport Canada requirements for coverage
- Some stories relating to drone insurance claims (crashes!)
- Advice to new operators when seeking out insurance
- Discussion surrounding future UAV policies
Mike Morellato is the lead author and founder of WorkingWithDrones.com. He works with drones and their data at Strategic in Campbell River, BC (Canada).