Published April 4, 2018
Our guest is Chris Fleming, who is the CEO with Cyberhawk Innovations! Chris has a extensive background in the oil and gas industry, including inspection services on offshore oil platforms. His work has taken him all over the world, and he has now put his expertise to work with Cyberhawk, a world leader in drone-based inspection services. In addition to offshore platforms, Cyberhawk has used drones to inspect flare stacks, wind turbines, and transmission infrastructure to name a few. Cyberhawk is also invested on developing practical software tools for their work as well, and have launched iHawk to help them stay efficient and connect captured data with staff on the ground.
Some of the topics covered in this podcast episode:
- Advice for those new to the commercial drone industry
- High risk UAS inspection environments
- What Cyberhawk looks for in their drone pilots
- The types of drones that they use in demanding environments
- Details on the software that they use during drone inspections
Mike Morellato is the lead author and founder of WorkingWithDrones.com. He works with drones and their data at Strategic in Campbell River, BC (Canada).